Sunday

Sunday Smiles ♥

Sunday can be a grim cocktail of a hangover from Saturday evening and the impending gloom of Monday morning, however it doesn't have to be this way! While I am unable to offer a better hangover cure than Berocca and a bacon sandwich, I do hope to bring a small smile to your Sunday, making the thought of Monday morning seem a little more bearable.


What if in this life, full of care,
We had no time to stand and stare
Leisure by W.H Davies


My heart it like a singing bird 
Whose nest is in a watered shoot
My heart is like an apple tree 
Whose boughs are bent' with thickset fruit
Christina Rossetti


I'll be looking at the moon but i'll be seeing you
Billie Holiday


 O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space—were it not that I have bad dreams
Hamlet by Shakespeare


All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Edmund Burke


May the odds be ever in your favour
Suzanne Collins


Most people have to talk so they won't hear
May Sarton


Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you've had a good week! I came across this article from the Washington Post called pearls before breakfast, it's fascinating it asks whether in our modern world of constant rush we have time for beauty. 

If one of the world's best musicians played on one of the world's finest violins, worth millions of pounds, in the metro people would surely stop? 

Having time for beauty:


xox