Thursday

Lana Del Ray, Radiant Red, KG Wedges and a Vintage Dress

Record that Rocks

In this part of my blog I share a song or artist that I think rocks- fairly self explanatory really:)

My record that rocks this post is the utterly gorgeous 'video games' by Lana Del Ray, tell your friends, tell your family, tell strangers in the street about this song! It is utterly hypnotic and beautiful! The first time I watched the video, when Lana sang the first lines of the song I was so knocked away by her voice I nearly dropped the coffee I was drinking (I never thought that kind of thing happened in real life!).

I always love the record that I introduce you to in this part of my blog but this song really is something different, I find it hard to do anything else when this song is playing it draws me to a halt and I adore it!




I've been sticking very well to my 'only one record per post' rule but rules are made to be broken and I've been meaning to show you this song since I started my blog!

This is 'Uh Oh' by Lovelle a very talent singer from London I first heard about this song in NME in June and it's been bouncing round my head since then. Hope you like it too:




I'd love to know what you think of my featured records! xox


In the Eye of the Beholder


I am very prone to random impulse purchases and this product was defiantly one of those! I was in Superdrug   when I saw some wash in wash out hair dye. I have never dyed my hair before and I have wanted to try it out for ages. I have red hair naturally and I really like the colour and I have received lots of compliments on it over the years so I've no desire to permanently change the colour of my hair but out of interest I wanted to give it a go!  


I bought this Superdrug dye in radiant red, 


This is the natural colour of my hair:



And this is the colour after one application of the dye:



The light is a bit different in these photos so it's hard to compare but most people I asked agreed that the redness of my hair was intensified. I wasn't expecting a truly 'radiant red' after all the product was only 99p but I was pretty impressed with the result! I think that it deepened the redness of my natural hair colour, which is fine but it's not exactly Rhianna red! Also I think that if I had started with brown or blonde hair I don't think that it would have been so successful. However it was very easy to apply, it didn't stain the bath or any towels and it was easy to wash out. 

Overall I think that I got pretty good value for money but while I enjoyed the novelty of this experiment, I wouldn't recommend this product except as a colour intensifier for those who already have red hair.

Have you tried any temporary dyes that worked really well? I'd be really interested to know! xox


Glad rags

On a night out I love nothing more than my heels. I love the confidence they give me and I can't have a night out without them and I already own enough to rival Carrie Bradshaw's collection (albeit minus the designer labels!) but my resolve to curb my heel addiction was sorely tested when I saw these gorgeous glittery KG by Kurt Geiger wedges in Company's spring/ summer high street fashion edit magazine:


They are kind of crazy but I love them and when I got out I usually stick to dresses in a solid colour with a simple design so I think they would've gone nicely with my LBD. They are called hoshiko, this is supposedly japenese for star girl!! How can you not love these shoes.

Unfortunatly I don't think I'll ever own a pair of these stunners (http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/204769-kg-hoshiko). But in an attempt to remedy the situation I cut out the picture and used it to help back a folder for my uni work in september:


(it's in the bottom right)

From something new to something old that I love just as much:


This is a vintage dress that I got from Blue Rinse in Leeds for £18, I have worn it several times already and everytime I have recieved compliments on it. I really like the detailing on the back (below) and I think the print is beautiful. I love imagining a back-story for vintage dresses, who else has owned it? What did they wear it to?...




Tacky or Topnotch

So in this part of my blog In this part of my blog I share something either beauty, fashion or music related (or totally random!) that I just can’t decide if it’s seriously tacky or so bad it’s good please let me know what you think!



I bought this silver horse head book-end from T K Maxx about a year ago, I just saw it and instantly fell in love! The rest of my family think I'm crazy and that it's the tackiest thing that they've ever seen, my sister is constantly telling me to get rid of it but I love it! What do you think? Do you love it too or do you agree with my sister?

Thanks for reading  ♥ you xox